Monday, April 7, 2008

Eye Candy!!!

So I found a venue (yes I should say "we", but I really did find it and research it) - more about that in another post. For now, I will chronicle my hunt for a dress.

While I was in Miami, I had to do a bit of shopping with my mom. It was fun, but I definitely had my game face on. Luckily we had no high pressure salespeople. Shocking!

(1) First stop - Nicole Miller

I love this dress, but have decided that I want a little more drama from behind.

(2) Next stop was Coral Gables Bridal where I found this very bridal Pronovias
As pretty as it is, it just isn't what I am looking for.

(3) So, once I was back in CA, I decided to do some shopping on my own at House of Fashion:

OK - I am totally not going to wear this. This is a great example of NOT listening to what others recommend and to not necessarily buy what you can pull off.

Here are two others that I like from this store:

This one fits me on my bottom half, but NOT on the top. So it looks pretty awkward. Although the pics don't demonstrate it well, I do have curves in this dress. I love the drama from behind!
I would replace this with one of my Grams' brooches.
Yes there are cups in there


This one I really liked. Unfortunately, my overworked saleslady didn't take good pictures. As it turns out, it is a really popular dress. So it is no longer an option. For the amount of money, I don't want to wear what so many other brides are wearing. Call me crazy, but I want to have a little bit of originality in my garb.

More soon, as I have appointments set for this weekend!

2 comments:

Jade said...

I think the Lia-look alike looks the best! But I hear you on wanting originality too...I can't wait to see more pictures!

luckylass said...

Me too. I was so disappointed to see that so many brides have it. On the plus side, there are also many for sale for awesome prices.