Monday, April 7, 2008

More dress fun-ness!

While I was in Miami, I contemplated another Nicole Miller dress. Unfortunately, the sample was a size 12. Now a size 12 in bridal gear, is usually equivalent to a size 8 in lets say Gap clothes (future brides: just don't pay attention to the size), however, at Nicole Miller a 12 is a 12. Needless to say, the dress literally fell off me.


Now I am not complaining, it is just that it is hard buying a $2k+ dress with only your imagination to help. That is the beauty of Nicole Miller. They are a boutique, so they can do what other bridal shops can't. My lovely saleswoman, called up the other 8 or so stores in the US and found a sample dress closer to my size. She had them overnight it to my house in CA. So, I had a little viewing soiree once it came.
The verdict - where is my waist and hips? And, I would have to cut off a quarter of the skirt (yes I am wearing 4 inch heels). I am so glad I didn't let my imagination run wild and order this dress. So, I shelled out $90 and sent it back. But before I did that, I kept that sucker on as long as I could and played good hostess to my friends and cat.


So in the end, I can say that I am immensely grateful for the customer service at Nicole Miller, but unfortunately this dress is made for a 5'8"+ woman. It is not for me.

No comments: