Thursday, July 17, 2008

Knottie love

I have mentioned on many occasions that I have an online group of girls that I converse with. These lovely brides and wives I have all met on theknot, which is an amazing resource for wedding planning. I can't give these women enough credit for helping me through this process without a wedding planner.

Case in point, when it came time to interview a DJ in June, during our 1 week wedding extravaganza in Miami, we only had to interview one DJ. That was it. Talk about an efficient use of time. The interviewed DJ, along with one other company, just came so overwhelmingly well recommended we had to take the time to check him out. We were very happy to meet a professional business owner who takes pride in serving his clients needs to a T, all while creating a great ambiance. It couldn't have been a more wonderful interview (and it was Ralph's first). The plus... we can do everything online! We can pick our first dance song, our do-not-play-or-die songs ("Love Shack" for Ralph - who knew?), our cake cutting song, you name it, and all online. That was the clincher for Ralph. He is all about keeping me calm cool and collected for this big event and so this is just another make-our-life-easier-when-planning-afar choices (and the last recent check I was blogging about).

But anyway, this post is about theknot, and all those ladies that have given me recommendations and advice. Thanks! Oh and I am not the only one who feels this way, check out this article from the NY Times.

No comments: