Saturday, July 19, 2008

Making the most of what I got.

I am a lucky girl! Being one of the last of my friends to get married has it perks. One of which is hand-me-downs. My wonderful friend Lauren gave me all the vases and leftovers of her wedding, many of which were also leftovers from her new sister-in-law's wedding.


I feel compelled to use these for our wedding decor and centerpieces. Vases aren't cheap, so we will save some extra money this way. Given what we have and the original cost of each of these vases (all from Michael's). I decided to go with this sort of centerpiece.

It is simple, and I already had 5 cylinder vases to fill. I even bought a few callas lilies from our local florist to show Ralph (sorry I didn't take a picture). He loved that it was so simple but had a lot of style. We still needed another 7 vases though. Well, on our last trip to Miami we hit the jackpot because they were all on sale for 50% off ($2.50/each). So, now 7 of them are in Miami, while the other 5 still reside here in Cali. As for the other various shaped vases, well, they will be used in all the places that need decoration... sign in table, various other tables, the bathrooms. I was thinking of putting a flower that really packs a lot of punch and that will fit in with the tropical vegetation, and won't kill the budget. Something like gladiolus...

(Photo credit)

What do you think? Does this work? And how do you like that for recycling? These vases will have gone through 3 weddings cross country and back, from Philly, CA, to FL. :-)

1 comment:

lmp said...

I'm so excited that you're "re-recycling" vases and absolutely love the callas lillies! I'm a big fan of the glads too. They're in season now in the Midwest, although the ones we planted in our backyard aren't blooming yet. Will you be able to find them in the spring?
Miss you lady!
Lauren