Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've turned into a wedding planning monster

No, not a bridezilla, but I have become quite engulfed into this process. My friend, Lauren, who recently got married somehow managed to avoid this. It also could be due to her having a very hands on, fiance/now husband. I remember how Lauren and I laughed over the enivitable question "so what are your colors?", as in wedding colors. Oh how silly that seemed. But now I have changed my tune.

We (I) already picked our colors out. I have even gone as far as to pick our wedding theme. See, I told you I turned into a monster. Before I reveal our theme, I'll state the reason for having one. Really it is to keep a consistent style throughout the whole ceremony and reception. I actually think it has also been very helpful in restraining me from purchasing random stuff that is unneeded and does not fit our "theme" well enough.

Some themes from other brides-to-be visualized by things called "inspiration boards" (all submitted to Weddingbee.com):

Azalia's "Gothic Princess Wedding"


Kalnc's "Picnic Lunch"
As for Ralph and I, well, we are keeping it simple. Given our venue, we (I) decided that we are having a "Modern Tropical" wedding. What does that mean? Really, just that we aren't having a throwback tiki party (Emily would love that, huh), or a beach wedding, or a cheeztastic palm tree adorned everything wedding. Something simple and something that works with the venue, rather than against it. I am not sure how my dress fits this theme, but I don't care. I love it and it fits me at the very least. Oh, and maybe if I find some extra time, I'll make one of these inspirational boards like these talented ladies.

No comments: