Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Long delay and still no resolution!!!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Traveling and the associated increase in work productivity after traveling can do that to you. But, given my last post, I thought I would mention that hotelplanner.com rocks the big one. We had about 20 hotels that bid to have our hotel block. Some were even ones that my mother and I visited. They gave quotes similar to what we were given in person. After some long discussions with Ralph over the high room costs and how cool and awesome our out of town guest are, we decided that the hotel should at least be on or near the beach and does not need to be more than a 3-star hotel, and that price is of primary concern. And so, I think we might have found our hotel. It is an older, recently renovated deco hotel, about a mile away from the South Beach action, and just a few miles away from the venue.
Standard Room (tripadvisor.com)

Small Deco Bathroom :-( (tripadvisor.com)

Lobby (photo credit)

The price is right at under $120/night (including a continental breakfast). They even have a pool and courtyard that would be great for hosting a rehearsal dinner.

Pool and Courtyard (tripadvisor.com)

I am not 100% sure, because my mom has to check out the rooms and suites on Saturday. Another reason we might have to go with this hotel is the due to the great room keys...
(tripadvisor.com)

Oh and I forgot to mention that the beach is right across the street. The two downsides is that this isn't located in the heart of all the action. Guests would have to take a taxi or bus to all the shops and restaurants. It also doesn't seem to have central air, which isn't the best with the FL heat. But, I think for the price and location this might be worth it.

No comments: