Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hotel hunting makes my head hurt

This has honestly been one of the most exhausting parts of planning to date. But I have finally made some decisions. I have displayed my unhappiness with the hotel we are courting for our room block contract a few times. There are a few problems with it... (1) the inability to have the reception dinner and day after brunch there, (2) the bridal suite isn't that sweet, (3) the location is ...eh. , (4) plus they gave my momma the run around a few times when it came time to view the actual rooms. As a result, we aren't floored by the hotel. But, the price is right for the quality of the rooms and decent proximity of the beach.

Our contract, which we were able to get with hotelplanner.com, is set up so that we have no obligation to the rooms - no deposits, no guarantees to fill a certain percentage of rooms, nada. The rooms are only set aside for us to reserve up to 30 days before the wedding. Since there are no repercussions, we decided that we will just go head with the contract and hope to find a better hotel that is closer to the action of South Beach, without breaking the bank.

View from the beach of Ocean Drive (credit)

I still have a few more tricks up my sleeve for trying to find a decent-priced accommodations for our out of town guests that can also host our little soirees. More on that soon. But, I am curious, am I the only one who has had a hard time finding a decent place for her guests to stay?

No comments: