Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I want it all... I want it all... I want it all...

and I want it now. No, not really. I am not impatient, but I am a picky girl. I really am. I realize that I want alot and, what is even worse, I don't want to pay alot for it. Picky and frugal. This has been problematic for my hunt for the perfect hotel for our out of town guests see here, here, and here. I want, in addition to a good price, a good location, a good room, and the ability to have an informal rehearsal dinner (read pizza party - but with really good pizza), and a day after brunch. Yeah, it is a tall order. So those condo rentals that I blogged about previously really don't help me out here, since they are usually for just a single unit.

Then it occurred to me - what if we found a small hotel and rented out the entire place? Wouldn't we be free to do what we want there? Something like... a Bed and Breakfast. A quick search on tripadvisor (seriously my very good friend) , and I found several small B&B's in great locations.

First up was a great little place with 12 tidy rooms and wonderful recommendations.

This would be a great location for all of our soirées (credit)

Unfortunately, they were a tad too expensive for our guests budgets. But it was otherwise perfect. There were a few more listed to chose from, but only one other B&B is actually small enough for us to use up all their rooms and in a good enough location.


With only 10 rooms, this B&B is a little more rustic and cozy. And it is very cost effective.


(credit)

There is a beautiful palm garden in the back of the property which also has 2 sundecks. It should nicely accommodate our little pizza partee. (credit)

I hope to check this out during my 3rd 1 week wedding planning extravaganza in mid September. I only hope it is as perfect as I think it might be. Until then, no more hotel posts, I promise!

So, how are you organizing your out of town guests and all your wedding events? Are you having a hard time keeping everyone together and making things as simple as possible?

No comments: