Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Inspiration without the perspiration

So as I alluded to earlier, I finally made an inspiration board for our "Modern Tropical" wedding.

It actually was really easy to do with polyvore.com. These inspiration boards, which, to me, were more akin to design shows (HGTV and TLC how I love thee), have become quite common in the wedding world. I will admit, I was a little hesitant to make one. I don't know, sometimes I am the reluctant bride. But that, in itself, is another post or more.

The whole process was so easy and fun, that I decided to make another one for my alter ego wedding. This is my my more feminine and vintage inspired "Garden Party" wedding. If I found the right venue this would have been my theme, much to my fiance's modern style chagrin.

Actually, I sometimes find myself eyeballing little vintage wedding details, like invitations. I have to reign myself from time to time. So I have found this whole theme business, which I slightly mocked before I was engaged, has actually been very helpful.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Love the inspiration board! The colors are awesome and vibrant :)