Saturday, August 30, 2008

Invitation Inspiration Nation


I found these the beautiful invitations the other day and thought they were just about the most perfect invites for us. They are letterpress invitations from Milkmaid Press. I love the tropical foliage and waterlilies, as I am a sucker for botanical prints and tropical plants. Perhaps, if I could change anything to them, it might be to lose the dragonflies, and hey, while I am at it, add a frog to one of the lilypads. Of course that would be a nod to our chosen career paths, as I study aquatic plants and the fiance studies frogs.

They are good inspirations for sure, but there is no way we could get the detailed line drawing to print well on the Gocco, my trusty tabletop screenprinter. But that is one of the benefits of letterpress, in addition to that lovely texture on the paper. Alas, you pay for awesomeness of letterpress - and I mean a lot. But talk about great inspiration for designing your own. Are you designing your invitations? If not, who is?

No comments: