Friday, August 15, 2008

Back from Brazil!

Although I was in Brazil for work (and a little fun) for nearly 3 weeks, I didn't exactly have the wedding off my mind. At the conference, where I presented some of my research, I couldn't help but notice our wedding colors (minus the orange).


They even had the tables covered in our colors. I didn't get a shot of the blue ones, but rest assured, they were there.

Although this was a scientific conference, the organizers brought in a strong cultural component to all the festivities, complete with a showing of historical documentaries and a gallery of local artists. There was alot of wonderful art, including a performance artist whom painted the Virgin Mary in neon paint and then proceeded to light it on fire (but amazingly not to the detriment to the painting nor her image). I also really loved the painting below, which depicts a wedding or two in the famous and absolutely gorgeous Pantanal wetland (which I later visited). The title is Casamento no Pantanal, which literally translates to "Marriage in the Pantanal".


See, I told you I didn't get weddings off my mind. I have more Brazil-inspired wedding stuff coming soon....

No comments: