Monday, January 5, 2009

Annoyances, but not wholly unexpected ones

After a little over a week of unanswered emails from the catering coordinator at our venue, I received an email informing me that she was no longer with them. Well, I was pissed to say the least, but I will admit that it wasn't completely unexpected. It is not that I didn't like her or anything (quite the contrary) but when we signed the contract with her a year ago, she was brand new and had a long history in the hotel catering biz. It sent up a few pink flags in my brain. Coupled with the fact that this has happened to several other brides, in several other South Florida venues, why couldn't it happen to us?

It couldn't have been worse timing though, considering that we aren't scheduled to be back in Miami until the week before our wedding. Why of why weren't we informed while we were in Miami???

The good news is that our new coordinator has been their awhile, and what I have heard about her is very good (hence yesterday's google search).

The bad news... well some important things that I expected her to know about us, things like who our other vendors are, well she didn't have any record of these things.

There is so much minutia in party planning, that I am so scared that I don't know all the things I need to review with her.

Well, we will see - I am trying to stay positive.

Another somewhat positive outcome is that I also learned that the catering discount we were supposed to be getting from a third party was not put through. This in itself a big deal! Our new coordinator was able to give us all the info to get this all straightened out.

Oh headache!

No comments: