Saturday, December 6, 2008

And my dress. Sort of...

Today was so exciting! Heather, Stephanie, and my mom accompanied me to San Francisco for my first fitting at Amy Kuschel. The lady who took care of us (for the life of me, I can't remember her name) was sweet enough to have the sample dress already out for me to try on for everyone.

It was a great opportunity to try on my undergarments and veil. Pics to come.

Then they put me into the first draft of my dress, based on the measurements they took about 8 months ago. It was an simplified version of my dress in acetate, almost like dress lining. It had no zipper (I wore some demure undies!). And then they got to work on me...

(hey girls!!!)


They had to let out the hips some and take in the bust (big shocker!)



And then I was pretty much done. Not too bad.

Yeah, I am making faces, but I am really happy. Wow, I just realized that I have a really short waist! Heather and I should switch our body halves!

Anyway, when they were done pinning, they then drew all over the dress with Crayola markers. Not kidding!!!! They marked a bunch of incomprehensible things in different colors. No this won't be my actual dress, just a prototype. Come January, it will be the real deal. I can't wait.

1 comment:

The Lorpols said...

How exciting to be able to experience this through your blog .... :) You look beautiful !!!!
Much love .... mom es