Thursday, March 12, 2009

Updates!

1. We did get caught with the cat, feigned ignorance and paid the $100. We were even asked to see our receipt while boarding our connecting flight. Oh well! The monster is very content right now.
2. We booked our ceremony musician. She is awesome. Ralph is the best for encouraging me to keep looking and not settle for muscians I really didn't want and obviously didn't need the work. I think she will be worth the wait.
3. My mom rocks for being my DIY helper extraordinaire. She surprised me with some stuff and helped me out a ton today with more craftiness. M-LEE, she loves the runners and your handiwork!
4. Our venue... ah our venue. Yes, they managed to throw some more curve balls my way. They have 3 events booked on our wedding date with one event (of over 1000 people!) practically colliding into ours in not just one but two occasions. It took over two hours, but Ralph and I worked well together and compromised with them. In the end, we will actually be benefiting from this, but I will never again trust anything they say that isn't in a contract (not that they could read one anyway). It is all about $ and our measly 85 person wedding that booked first, means nothing to them in comparison to the 1000 person corporate retreat or whatever.
5. That crazy woman was a b$&ch again to my mom over the phone - she better not be to me. I am ready for that throwdown.
6. Yes, I know that in the end all will be great, but they are certainly making us work for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending love and good wishes your way! It will all go wonderfully!