Thursday, February 26, 2009

Unsettled thoughts

Most of our friends are still struggling graduate students or at the beginning of their careers. And as the majority of them live in other states and even other countries, we anticipated that making such a trip to our wedding would be difficult in terms of their time commitments and monetary restrictions. However, what I did not expect (and I say I because dear Ralph is not surprised in the least) was that several of my family members are choosing not to come. Some hurt more than others. It probably bothers me so much because the biggest reason Ralph and I are even doing this whole thing is to formally celebrate our happiness with our families.

What I am conflicted most with is how to convey how distraught I am at what I perceive as my (yes, they are all from mine) family members' lack of caring. I honestly don't know how to let them know other than being formal with my thank you note... "thank you...... we wish you could have been there... yada yada yada..." Very unsettled indeed.

However, be rest assured that I am looking on the bright side of things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Jenise I am so sorry to hear this. I know you will have a wonderful wedding no matter what, but I hope you find a way to let your family know how you feel. I wish I could be there on your special day! All of your plans look beaauuutiful, and I cannot wait to see the pictures. By the way..... we set a date! June 26th 2010.... our 8th anniversary! I hope to come visit you in a couple months, after your wedding craziness and after school quiets down a little for me. Let me know when you will be around!

Anonymous said...

IM GOING!