Saturday, February 2, 2008

How it came to be - the proposal...

He worked so hard and everything was against him. He wanted to ask me on a horseback riding trip on the coast, but the weather had been terrible. He wanted to do it a week earlier, but I changed my flight and wasn't in town. He wanted to ask my parents in person, but again, I changed my flight and WAS around. In the end, it was perfect and it was us...

He first asked for my parents' blessing over the phone. He tried to get my father on the phone for 5 straight days. When he finally got in touch with them, they were ecstatic! With their blessing, he went ahead with his plan. Instead of horseback riding, though, he surprised me by making my favorite breakfast - French Toast - even though he doesn't cook. I woke up to find a beautiful spread on our dining room table: tulips, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, etc... I started to eat a strawberry, when he flew into the dining room, came down on his knee, and said, "before you eat, will you marry me?". I was in shock, but managed to say yes or of course or something in the affirmative. I was so surprised! He then took me out for Tapas and wine and to then to see an African dance performance. It was all too perfect and lovely. I am a lucky woman!


No comments: