Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happier times!

That last post was a real downer. I haven't rehashed the whole "how we met" thing, which is much more pleasant of a post. So here it goes... We were both undergraduate students taking our first Ecology course. We had lab together and became part of the same lab group. I totally thought he was cute and that one of the other lab group members was jonsing for him too. I put the flirt on pretty unabashedly. I even stooped as low as acting stupid for some tutoring time from him. Well that caused him to not take me too seriously as a scholar. Anyway, thinking I was at least a fun kind of girl, we became fast friends. He eventually took me seriously (especially when I kicked a$$ in that class), but as it turned out, he was in a relationship (albeit unhappy) with someone. I was pretty devastated, but happy to have a friend at least. He eventually moved out of that relationship and a few months later he asked me out. I even had to ask him if he meant as friends. Too funny - I was so smitten, but in friend mode for so long. Our first date was magical. It was nothing special in terms of what we did - bar hopping and walking around Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. But there was some serious sparks flying! Comparing that date with all the dates I have ever had in my life - I should have known that he was THE one right then and there. Flash forward 10 years, and here we are.

Next up... the hell of finding a ceremony and reception site that is in our budget and makes the fiance happy.

No comments: