Thursday, November 27, 2008

My momma's attire

This has been a bit harder than finding my dress. We have been to countless stores... many Macy's, several trips to Neiman Marcus (not our typical store!), Off Fifth (Sak's Fifth Ave. Outlet), Neiman's Outlet, and even a bridal store.

After trying on countless dresses, my mom loosely determined that she likes:
(1) a long dress
(2) a empire waist
(3) a flowy fabric
(4) nothing ornate
(5) nothing dowdy

It seems that blue was the color she likes best as well. She actually did find a dress that she loved. The original problem is that was pretty expensive, and then when we went back to get it they didn't have it and couldn't get it. I looked everywhere for this dress and nada.

I have a pretty good handle on what my mom likes and what looks good on her. So when I was out Christmas shopping at the outlet mall and popped into BCBG, I was floored to find a perfect dress for her. She likes BCBG dresses and they fit her quite well. I decided to try on the dress to see the fit, which it was very true to size. I thought I would then buy it in two sizes for her to try on. The problem - all their sales are final. The dress was a good deal for sure, but not that great a deal if my mom does like it or it doesn't fit. And I definitely don't want to guilt my mom into a dress. So here is what the dress somewhat looks like:



BUT... In this color and fabric...

It satisfies all the criteria that seems to be important to her. And the price is pretty darn good. My mom gets here in 6 days - I just hope they still have it. If not, it certainly wasn't supposed to be her dress. If not, I found another pretty cool dress at Macy's, while shopping with Emily...

With 2 out of 4 moms with their dress already - I hope we can finally find her one on her trip out here. And no Miss Meyers, in case you were thinking about it, you absolutely do not have to wear a dress ;-)

2 comments:

The Lorpols said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL dresses! I can picture them on your mom ..... nice choices - and, I like the colors!

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.